Field Support – Baltimore, MD
Job Title: Field/Project Support
Department: Regional Services
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Status: Exempt, Full Time
Wage Status: Salaried
Summary: Provides basic level support at each client site to install, support, upgrade and maintain client’s hardware and software. Additional responsibilities include working in a cohesive manner with Service Desk personnel and other Field Technicians to resolve all issues quickly and accurately. Position requires daily travel in and around local metroploitan area, as well as multiple night stays assisting Project Manager on client projects around the country.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Assist users to diagnose and solve data communication problems.
- Consult customers and visit workplaces to determine present and future user needs.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing.
- Participate in short and/or long term projects assigned by Project Manager which may involve long durations of overnight stay.
- Load and unload automobiles of equipment, PC’s and other hardware.
- Drive to client sites in respective markets daily per the routes established by Coordinator and/or Management.
- Report status of issues, exact location and other relevant information to Coordinator and/or Management throughout the day.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with company-owned vehicles.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures (i.e. Helion’s Vehicle & Safety Usage Policy).
- Track, document & submit expense sheet with receipts each month to Supervisor.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
Work Context & Physical Requirements:
- Requires sitting
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, telephone, or otherwise)
- Requires telephone conversations
- Requires use of electronic mail
- Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people
- Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences
- Opportunity to make decisions without supervision
- Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization
- Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals
- Requires repeating the same physical activities over and over
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
- Requires work with external customers or the public
- Requires work with others in a group or team
- Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
- Requires working spending long periods of time in an enclosed vehicle
- May require some time spent outdoors with possibility of inclement weather
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Requires being able to lift at least 25lbs
- Requires long periods of time standing, walking, crouching and bending over
Windows, Client Operating Systems, Windows Server Operating Systems, Cisco Wireless AP, General software installation and troubleshooting, PC Hardware, PC Peripherals, DMS setup and troubleshooting, Body Shop software, Parts hardware, VPN, Security Cameras, Alarm Systems, Blackberry phone setup and troubleshooting, Cabling (creating, punching, tracing, new runs), T-1 cutovers, A/V Hook up, Profiles troubleshooting, Accounting software, Terminal services, Antivirus, CRM, Microsoft Office Software, General Office Productivity software, MAC, F & I Software, Cell Phones – setup and troubleshooting, FM/satellite antenna troubleshooting, Physical and Electronic Fax setup and troubleshooting, Printer Setup and troubleshooting, Server room cleanups, Autotask, Kaseya
Experience: 5-8 years
Education & Certifications: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Skills: Active Learning, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Learning Strategies, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, Writing, Coordination, Service Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Complex Problem Solving, Equipment Maintenance, Installation, Quality Control Analysis, Repairing, Technology Design, Troubleshooting, Judgment and Decision Making, Systems Analysis
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. The criteria of this job description may change at any time as the organization sees fit, as well as perform tasks not listed on this description.